Saturday 8 November 2014

Wedding Quilt

My niece Jacqui married Cormac at the beginning of October.  
 
 
The reception was held at the Ballyliffin Lodge & Spa in Donegal,
which was excellent in every way,
and this was the view outside the hotel.
 
 
My present to them was a quilt.


I used my Friendship Quilt design but made it longer at the top and bottom with extra borders and nine patch blocks.


This is the quilt on my frame getting quilted.  It's a truer colour as the lighting must have been better that day.


I just quilted it with a simple stipple.


I finished off the quilt with a lovely checked binding.


 Our whole family had a wonderful day and it was lovely all being together.
 
From right to left - my eldest son Kevin, my husband Alan, myself,
my youngest son Alan, my daughter Catherine and Catherine's boyfriend James
 
 
It was lovely to see everyone having such a great time.
 
Bye for now.
 
Sandra
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment