Tuesday 5 August 2014

The Festival of Quilts 2014

I can hardly believe that another year has flown by and I am getting ready to head off to The Festival of Quilts in Birmingham.  I'll be going with my sister Claire, my good friend Anne and the best thing of all is that my daughter Catherine will be coming down from Manchester for the whole time.  I haven't seen her since the new year so it will be fantastic to spend some quality time with her.

As usual we are making patchwork bags to take with us.  Instead of the usual one bag, this year I decided to make two.  A handbag and a tote bag to carry my purchases.

Here is my handbag.


And here it is with the tote.


They are both made with fabric from the Paris Flea Market range by 3 Sisters for Moda and I quilted them with Aurifil 40wt thread 2845.


 
 Sorry about the photo quality.
 
I am taking a class with Kimmy Brunner about Sit-Down Long Arm Quilting so I'm really looking forward to that.
 
Then on Friday we're all going to the Designer Supper which features Nel Whatmore.
Claire and I went to this last year and it featured Tula Pink who put on a fantastic presentation and gave us all an insight into her design process and her work.  She was very entertaining and a lovely girl.  So my recommendation would be to go to this event if you can.
 
So that's all for tonight. 
By the way, I would have posted more photographs which were fine on my computer but then took on that moire effect when I put them on the blog and I couldn't get rid of it.  Anyone have any tips on how to prevent this as I've not had this problem before?
 
Bye for now.
 
Sandra 
 
 

 

 






1 comment:

  1. The bags look very nice. Hope you had a nice time at the festival

    ReplyDelete