Tuesday 8 January 2013

French General Cushions

Firstly, I must thank my young brother for coming to my aid.  I wasn't able to upload my photos on the blog and so he changed me over to a new browser so now I'm up and running again.  Thanks Stephen.

For a long time, I have meant to make new cushions for my home from the remainder of the French General fabric that I used for my Stepping Stones quilt. 

So, I finally finished them before Christmas and was very pleased with how they turned out.

French General Cushions
They're a nice mixture of brown, red, beige and cream.  The backs of the cushions are French General fabric too.  Well, it is one of my favourites.

Churn Dash Cushion
Eight pointed star
Squares and triangles
Pinwheel cushion
 As I'm already talking of things French, I thought that I would show you some more of my photographs of Paris. I would highly recommend the open top bus tours and we were able to get off and on whenever we to explore.  It also gives a good vantage point for taking photographs.

The Pont Neuf
Notre Dame Cathedral
The doors on this imposing building were quite amazing.

One of the doors
Whilst we were queueing to get into the cathedral, I couldn't take my eyes off the hinges on the doors.

Intricate leaves, birds and scrolls
The metalwork was just so beautiful and delicate looking.  All I could think of was trying to quilt or applique something like this.  Amazing! Very inspiring.

The Rose Window
We found the prettiest sweet shop ever.  It is called La Cure Gourmande and it is impossible to walk into it without wanting to buy everything before you leave. 

Boxed chocolates and nougat



There were a few different designs for the metro signs.  Maybe if you lived there you wouldn't notice things like this anymore but I found everything very beautiful.  Hopefully I will be able to return to Paris again.




I could go on forever but that wouldn't be fair on you.  So I'll call it a night.

See you soon.

Sandra















No comments:

Post a Comment