Wednesday 11 January 2012

New Batik Wallhanging

I finished putting the binding on the wallhanging that I was telling you all about recently and I had promised to post some photographs of the finished article.  So here it is.

Batik Circles Wallhanging
I still haven't thought of a name for it yet so I haven't put on the label. 

Close up of the free motion quilting & satin stitch


This is my favourite technique at the moment.  I have always enjoyed doing reverse applique but this also brings in the circles as well.


I will be going to Dublin next week to teach this at the Irish Patchwork Society's Eastern Branch.  I'm really looking forward to going as I met such a nice group of ladies the last time that I went down.  They were so welcoming. 

Well the rest of my day will consist of some rather boring paperwork but then I'll get packed and ready for the start of my first class tomorrow.  So it's nice to look forward to a new term and new possibilities. 

Talk to you later.
Sandra

3 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful, its funny how I didn't really notice the blue/lilac colours in some of the central patches, but I love it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful, Sandra!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Louise,
    Thanks for the lovely comment, it's always nice getting feedback. Sorry I didn't see you on Sunday, I hope you're well.
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete