Wednesday 18 January 2012

New Beginnings

This week marked the start of all my classes.  For me, it's a whole lot of new beginnings.  I have two new classes and some of the ladies are completely new to quilting.  This will be a lovely new journey for them, and possibly will result in a few more addicts joining the quilting world.  I love to watch beginners blossom and at the end of a few weeks of classes, produce a quilt of their own. 

A lot of my past pupils have returned again and it's always lovely to catch up.  The classroom today was buzzing, it had a lovely positive atmosphere.  I then collected my sister and friend and we all went to Gaye's sale at The Fennel Shed.  Always a lovely experience.  I got some lovely fabric. 

Some of my fabric is for making a baby quilt for my neice and godchild who is expecting her first baby very soon.  I'll keep you posted.

As I didn't want to make my post today without pictures, I thought I would include some of a couple of quilts that I made for my mum and sister as presents.  They were made from a book called 'Little Quilts All Through The House'.  It's a lovely book with some amazing pictures which just make you want to start sewing. 

Jan loves greens

Just what to do with your scraps
Stipple & Straight Line Quilting
Mum's Country Colours
Straight Quilting Through Centre of Strip
Scrappy Barn Raising
I
I have lots more to do tonight so I will talk to you all later.
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment