Tuesday 19 July 2011

New Quilt Design

I will be teaching a new class in September, so I designed a new quilt.  I'm calling it a Country Sampler and I used EQ6 software for the design process.  I love using this and I also learned some new parts this time round.  It was how to align the blocks on a custom quilt, it makes life so much easier.  I also found that if I magnify the worktable, I can be much more accurate. 

I have photographed some of the blocks that I have made so far. 

Ohio Star
  
This gets added to some nine patches and sashing.

Flying Geese

Half Square Triangles

I'll keep you posted on my progress.  By the way, do any of you use EQ6 to design or do you use another method?  I'd be very interested to know.

I'm very excited at the minute.  It's only three weeks tomorrow until I go to Festival of Quilts.  This will be my third year and I can't wait.  It's amazing!!!

Bye for now.
Sandra


No comments:

Post a Comment