Thursday 21 July 2011

The Fennel Shed

I went to Gaye's sale at The Fennel Shed quilt shop in Buncrana today with my daughter Catherine.  As always, it was a lovely trip, with good bargains and the girls, as always, were very welcoming.  I met lots of my friends as well. 

I bought a pretty blue and white checked fabric to use as backing for a baby panel and some gorgeous Aurifil thread to quilt it with.  I also bought a pretty red and beige checked flannel because it was such a good bargain . 

Humpty Dumpty Panel, backing fabric and quilting thread

Catherine got some new fabrics to add to her stash as she wants to make her first quilt.  It's lovely seeing her so excited about it all.  We were up late last night talking about quilt blocks and layouts and browsing through books.  It's lovely having her home from uni.

Catherine's Stash
Hopefully, this evening, I might be able to start quilting the panel as free motion quilting is my favourite thing to do.

I'll keep you posted.
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment