Monday 13 August 2012

My Latest Birmingham Bag

As I'm off to The Festival of Quilts in Birmingham this week with my friends I have designed and made myself a new bag.  We make new ones each year and it has become a lovely tradition. 

This year I wanted something smaller which would only carry my essentials.  At the International Quilt Festival of Ireland in June, I bought some lovely linen fabrics from Village Fabrics.  I wanted to use these for my bag, so here it is.


I used the lettered fabric on the flap, the plain on the front and back and the red for the gusset, piping and strap.  Inside I used some of my favourite French General Fabric.


I put lots of pockets on the inside for my phone, notebook, business cards etc..  So now that it's made, I can concentrate on looking forward to our trip, seeing lots of amazing things and meeting lots of friends.  The craic is always great.

 
So if you ever get the chance to go the The Festival or you are still thinking about it, I would highly recommend it to everyone.  It's the biggest show in the UK and well worth the visit.

Must go now as it's getting late.
Bye for now.
Sandra


No comments:

Post a Comment