Monday 23 April 2012

Books and Scraps

I had a very hectic week last week.  What with my classes starting, the boys going back to school, my daughter going back to uni and attending my great niece's Christening, which was wonderful.  So I must apologise for not having posted for a while. 

One of the nice things that happened on Friday was that I received my copy of "Sunday Morning Quilts" by Amanda Jean Nyberg and Cheryl Arkison.  I have to say, that it was the front cover of the book which first drew me to it. The colours and simple style of the scrappy quilt that the little girl has pulled around herself as she goes down the stairs in the morning, just appealed to me.

I have been waiting for it for quite a while as it hadn't been released when I placed my order, but I am really pleased with the book.  Amanda Jean has a blog called crazy mom quilts which is well worth a visit.  Both Amanda Jean and Cheryl have great ideas on how to organise and use any scraps you may have.  I keep mine in plastic boxes which are starting to look a bit too full at the moment. 

My Scrap Boxes

Cream & Beige Scraps
Yellow-Orange-Brown & Red-Pink
Green Scraps
Blue Scraps
Red & Pink Scraps
So as you can see, I have some lovely scraps and I might try one of the projects in "Sunday Morning Quilts" to put them to good use.

I have found that amongst my own quilts, the scrappy ones are my favourites.  This is one from a book called "Simple Traditions" by Kim Diehl. I liked this book so much that I recently bought "Simple Graces", also by Kim and I absolutely love it as well. 

Country Stars
Pattern by Kim Diehl
Beautiful Scrappy Border
As my ironing won't do itself, I had better go now.  I'm looking forward to my scrappy nine-patch day at my friend Mary's house on Friday.  Hoping to get some nice pictures to show you all.

Bye for now.
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment