Monday 5 December 2011

Jelly Roll Quilt

I decided for my class in January to make a jelly roll quilt as lots of the girls were asking what to do with the rolls of fabric.  I already had the book 'Layer Cake, Jelly Roll and Charm Quilts' by Pam & Nicky Lintott, so I decided to make the one called Stepping Stones from lots of different French General fabrics that I had collected.

My jelly roll quilt in beautiful French General
Everyone who enrols for my class will get their own copy of the book.  The pattern was very easy to follow and in fact this quilt came in two sizes.  The larger size comes with a pieced border but I chose this one as it was a handier size for class.

French General fabrics
In the garden
It just amazes me how the colour of something can look so different indoors and outdoors because of the light conditions. 

I'm looking forward to this class in January.

 By the way, apologies for the fonts in my last post.  They appeared to have a life of their own and apparently this is not a new problem but I could not find any immediate solution.

Talk later.
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment