Friday 30 December 2011

Beautiful Batiks

I have been having fun over the holidays making a new batik circles wallhanging.  As I have said before, this is a technique that I learned from watching Libby Lehman on The Quilt Show. 

This technique of reverse applique made me fall in love with batiks.  The colours are amazing.

These are the colours that I have chosen to use.
I have quite a collection of batiks which I built up over a period of time and even though I would have loved to have gone out and bought some more, there was no need to and so I used the ones that I already had in my stash.

Beautiful Batiks
I spend a lot of time choosing the fabrics for a new project.  I find great enjoyment in trying out colour combinations and I never rush this stage. 

A section of my quilt top
Circles
Satin Stitched Circles
At the moment, I am at the stage of doing the satin stitch around the circles.  This is another point where I can spend ages choosing thread colours. 


I may not use all of these but the rayons are my favourites when I make the circles as they give a lovely lustre to the satin stitch. 

As I am still in the process of making this wallhanging, I can't show you any final pictures yet.  But I do promise to show you the finished product later.

Must go now and continue with the satin stitch. 
Talk soon.

Sandra


 

No comments:

Post a Comment