Tuesday 18 October 2011

Autumn

Autumn is well and truly here! 

Shades of Autumn

These photos were taken only a few weeks ago but already all the leaves have fallen.  Yesterday was the first day that I thought I should have brought my gloves with me.  We were all out at the car boot sale and it was very cold.  I didn't get anything though as many of the sellers had stayed at home because of the weather.

I have been quite busy lately.  I'm getting ready for a new class that I start tomorrow night.  It's a wallhanging with reverse applique and circles. I love to use batiks when I make it.  I saw Libby Lehman doing the technique on The Quilt Show and I think it is amazing. 
Batik Circles
Echo Quilting
I'm also working on a jelly roll quilt from Pam & Nicky Lintott's book "Layer Cake, Jelly Roll and Charm Quilts".  I am making it from French General fabric which is my favourite at the moment.  I bought a 'Maison de Garance' Jelly Roll at the Festival, some fat quarters and already had some pieces from other collections.  I can't post any photos of it yet though as the ones I have were taken at night and the quality is bad. I will be hoping to teach it in January and the book will be included with the enrollment fee. 

I thought that I would finish off tonight with a picture of a scrappy quilt that I made after watching Eleanor Burns on QNNtv.  

The Buckeye Beauty Block
That will have to be enough for tonight. 

Talk soon.
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment