Tuesday 27 September 2011

Finally Finished!

Firstly, sorry that it has been so long since my last post.  I have just been so busy lately, what with classes starting and trying to get things finished up.  I have finally finished my Country Sampler quilt, you'll be glad to know.  I was able to take a few photos of it in the garden today, as it wasn't raining. 
Country Sampler Quilt
This is the quilt that I'm teaching at the minute in St Peter's Parish Centre, Culmore here in Derry.  I designed it myself and to be honest it has driven me a bit crazy at times.   
Nine Patch, Flying Geese, Irish Chain
There is quite a variety of blocks on the quilt, fifteen different ones in all.  I used fabric from my stash to make it so it saved a trip to the quilt shop.  
Border & Blocks
I machine quilted the centre of the quilt in the ditch.  It took quite a while as I wanted to be able to see all the individual blocks on the back and I was very pleased with the effect.  As the backing fabric is cream, it was difficult to photograph  as the quilting lines didn't show up very well. 

By the way, I used my EQ6 software to help design the quilt.  I would recommend it to anyone.  It was the first time that I had used the custom setting but I got the hang of it and learned some new things.  I like EQ so much that I got the EQ7 Update recently. 

Must go now as it's late.

Talk soon.
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment