Tuesday 26 July 2011

Old Favourites

I thought that I would post some pictures of quilts that I made a while ago.  The first one is a small table topper which I made to try the braid technique and also my free motion quilting.  I used scrap fabric for the front and back but I have not used the braid technique since. 

Scrappy Braid (front)
Scrappy Charm Squares (Back)
The second quilt is one that I made at the Bits 'n' Bobs quilt group that I go to in Limavady.  I have made so many friends here and the craic is always good.  The pattern is called 'Honor and Glory' by Mary Ellen Von Holt and Mildred Moss.  On Saturday we are going on a bus trip to a  shop called The Cotton Shed in Portadown.  Can't wait!!  I will let you know how we get on.

Scrappy Again
The final one that I'm going to show you is one of my favourites.  It is by Kim Diehl from her book "Simple Traditions".  It wasn't until my friend Bridgeen Gillespie pointed it out when she was photographing some of my work, that I realised that scrappy was my favourite look.

Scrappy Pinwheels
One of my favourite parts of making this quilt was gathering and sorting the fabrics for the border. 

I hope you have enjoyed the pictures but I must go now as I have a baby quilt to finish.

Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment