Saturday 6 August 2011

New Blocks

I have been meaning to post these new blocks since Monday and at last here they are.

Nine Patch
Whirlwind
Half Square Triangles
Brown & Gold Churn Dash
Blue Churn Dash
Assembled Section
I don't know a lot about cameras, so I'm trying to learn.  Taking photographs indoors at night doesn't work well, so I try and take them either near the window or outside during the day. 

My camera is showing some blurring on the left side of some photos and I don't know why.  So I think I will borrow Alan's camera to go to The Festival of Quilts next week.  I got my programme in the post yesterday, so the show seems really close now.  Can't wait!!!

We all headed to the beach this week and had a great day.  We went to Buncrana in Donegal.  We had a lovely day, it was even warm enough for the kids to go in the water.

Buncrana
The water was very calm.
Lough Swilly
Rocky Outcrop
Time for a picnic.
Charlie enjoyed himself too.
After our picnic we headed off to Mamore Gap for a drive.  It's a long time since we were there and because the weather was so good, the views were amazing.

Looking back at Lough Swilly
On top of Mamore Gap
Going down through the gap

Fantastic views
I live in a very beautiful country but sometimes it takes a trip like this to remind me just how beautiful it is.

Hopefully I'll be able to post photos of my finished bag soon.  My friends and I always make a new one for going to The Festival of Quilts.

See you soon.
Sandra

1 comment:

  1. Lovely pictures Sandra. I lived in Moville,Co Donegal for 7 years so they have brought back happy memories. I now live in Cork.Did you visit 'The Fennel Shed'quilt shop in Buncrana when you were there? I missed the Festival of Quilts this year due to family illness but I hope to get there next year hopefully. Thank you for taking the time to show your photos. I too make a new patchwork bag for my visit to the festival every year.

    ReplyDelete